Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stress and how it affects my clients

What I see most commonly is that my clients hold stress in their neck and shoulders. Many times, when my clients are stressed, their breathing is affected. Their breathing is more shallow. More labored. The Scalene muscles are tight. The Scalene muscles attach at the first and second vertebrae and on the first and second rib.
Many of my clients sit at their computers many hours each day for work, so not only are their neck musles tight, so are the muscles between the shoulder blades, called the Rhomboids, and their Trapezius muscle, Latissimus Dorsi, Rotator Cuff muscles( There are 4 for watch shoulder).
Sometimes when my clients come in for their session, they just need to talk, and I find that talking actually works wonderfully along with the massage, because it helps to relax them.
This is the first of a series that I am writing about how I see that stress affects my clients. Your input is important- what do you think about this blog? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment