Thursday, November 11, 2010

An awesome session- some results from a session using my favorite technique- Myofascial Release

My client started coming in for treatments after a car accident. My client called me a few days after the car accident. This is the first time I have ever worked on someone so soon after their car accident, so I am so happy to say that the results have been absolutely AMAZING, and if you, God forbid, are in a car accident, please ask your doctor if they think that massage therapy will help.

I have been working with this client for exactly one month. When this client first came to see me after the accident, they could not move their head very easily, instead of being able to turn their head from side to side, which seems like something that is so natural that we don't think about it until we have to deal with it, they could only turn if they turned their entire body from side to side.
Now they have full range of motion.
It was so cute, in one of their sessions, because with Myofascial Release, what I notice with my clients, is that after a bit of therapy, they become so relaxed that they laugh and joke. In this session, I said, "Here is a good point, this is an intersection of a few muscles". I'm totally into this treatment, talking my client through what I'm finding and asking where there are referrals, so I can be in full communication so the treatment is perfect. It was so funny- my client said, "Is there a traffic light"? We both laughed and laughed!
I LOVE massage therapy! It is so fun!!!!
There is a saying, "If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life". I absolutely love what I do!
Thank you, all my AMAZING clients!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment