Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sciatica- I am going to focus on Periformis Syndrome

There are many different causes for Sciatica, here I am going to focus on Periformis Syndrome.

Before anything, if you have concerns that you may have Sciatica, the most important thing is to see our doctor to be sure that it is being caused by muscle instead of something else, like a herniated disc, for example.

Some questions to ask yourself are:

do I sit for long hours each day?
Do I keep my wallet in my back pocket and am I having pain on that side as well?
Do I get enough exercise?
How long have I been having this discomfort?
Does the discomfort refer down the back of the legs and possibly the calves as well?
Have I gone to my doctor to make sure that it is not a herniated disc?
After answering these questions, depending on the results, it may be a wise choice to consider massage therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment